Monday, 1 May 2017

Bank Holiday




Hi everyone! :)

It's the first Monday of May in the UK!!! Which means it's a Bank Holiday!!! Which is a public holiday here!!! Oh wow by the end of the third sentence all the excitement has gone down to subzero levels hahaha. Isn't it weird how explaining takes away a sizeable chunk of essence of something, be it a joke, or a declaration of joy, or whatever. That's why sometimes you shouldn't bother explaining anything to anyone and just, you know, persetankan je.

Will you look at that, only one paragraph in and I've already gone off tangent from the initial purpose of this post haha.

So aaaanyway,

it's Bank Holiday today! 

Since I'm not required to go in to the hospital today, I made mental plans last night for today, consisting largely of rotting at my desk with my eyes peeled on my Cardiology notes - oh did I tell you? I'm on my Cardiology module now! It's interesting but it's always been my weakest area of medicine, so I've been trying to study really hard to avoid sounding & looking like a complete dimwit in front of the Cardiology consultants whenever they fire off their questions at the hospital.

But even the best laid plans go awry. Sigh, such is life.

I woke up early (Subuh/Fajr ends around 5.30 a.m. now ahgfdnjfrec) and then did some workout. Afterwards I walked to the supermarket to buy some groceries, which were then combined and somehow transformed into nasi ayam!

I'd like to think that I've finally perfected my nasi ayam sambal!



I think I'm guilty of spending more time in the kitchen than at my study desk nowadays.

At this rate I'm honestly perplexed as to Shahirah ni nak jadi doctor ke nak bukak restoran sebenarnya?!

No one asked but of course Life had to be a sassy arse once again, by giving me a well deserved punishment for abandoning my study plans : I accidentally chewed one of the rempah tiga sekawan while eating the nasi ayam.

Money is the root of all evil? No, these bloody rempah tiga sekawan are the root of all evil.


Life 2 - 0 Shahirah.

One would think I'm rational enough to take that punishment as a hint to start studying, but instead, I proceeded to vacuuming my room and the kitchen and the living room.

And now I'm finally here at my study desk, but I'm blogging instead of studying hehehe.

As I'm writing this my ears are currently being serenaded by VE's Ayu, which is one of my all time faaaavourite Malay songs!!! Almost forgot how in love I am with this song, until Lah VE performed the Islamic rendition of this song on Week 4 of Gema Gegar Vaganza.

Omg Gema Gegar Vaganza just keeps getting better every week!! 

Ulfah and I agreed that it is a brilliant programme because neither of us realised how a lot of songs - even non-nasyid ones - that we already know are actually laden with Islamic values & history. I mean I'm sure if any of us actually exerted some effort into reading between the lines of the lyrics properly we'd be cognisant about them. But we're no artists, most of the time we listen to songs because they sound pleasing to the ears (and they're karok-worthy hehe). So to have an entertainment TV programme that provides a platform to elucidate the Islamic subtext of the songs and convey in palatable chunks to laymen like us, is not only commendable, but also novel, in my book.

Apart from being enlightened & reminded of all that Islamic jazz, I've also been made informed of Fitri Haris' life journey, or at least the past 6 years of his life journey. Don't know who that is? Neither did I, but now I know that he's an ex member of UNIC and I owe it all to Ulfah.

Because girl has gone full on fangirling about him ever since Week 1 and she's been telling me everything there is to know about him. Like, everything. She even knew when his flight back to the UK was.

Not sure if she's human or a breathing encyclopaedia of Fitri Haris' life.

Not that I'm complaining! She holds up well with my feeding her KDrama rants and gory medical stuff and bizarre happenings in the hospital, so the least I can do is reciprocate with the same tolerance for the Melodi-esque stuff on Fitri Haris and UNIC and Hafiz Hamidun and Hijjaz. It's a mutualistic symbiosis guys. This is the very definition of a functional friendship!! Hahaha.

She's currently buried in her notes because her finals will commence in two days' time so can everyone please be a sweetheart and raise your hands and make a little prayer for Ulfah so that Allah eases her way through her final exams (so she can get good grades to get a good job and not have to resort to producing a documentary of Fitri Haris' life as an alternative career hahah gurau!). And this applies not just to Ulfah, but to all my other friends who have evil exams looming around the corner!! Including you guys, Najwa and Amira, if you're reading this hehe. ALL THE BEST :*


2 comments:

  1. YES I'M READING THIS!!! Hehehehe thank you Atul nanti masak nasi ayam untuk I ok :*

    ReplyDelete