Saturday, 18 February 2017

Slow Week




So I had a lackadaisical week last week. Time behaved in a peculiar fashion, I thought all the clocks around me had arthritic hands because the week was going by very, very, very slowly. I was tired and uninspired and unmotivated, except for that one time I had an argument with a patient about my age.

We were in the flexible cystoscopy (a camera test up your urethra to look at your urinary bladder) room, the patient and I, as well as a registrar and two nurses. After getting the reassurance that his bladder's all clear & normal and that he has nothing to worry about, he profusely thanked the registrar, and then turned to me looking slightly perplexed.

"Aren't you too young to be a doctor?"

"I'm not a doctor yet, but I'm 23,"

"23?" his eyes widened before he added, "IMPOSSIBLE! You must be 16,". He shuffled out of the room and then told the nurse at the reception, "There's a 12-year-old girl in there,". Hahaha.

But yeah apart from that, I was not in the mood at all. My head was not in the game. I just wanted Friday to come quickly so I can go back to London.



Friday finally came!! I know it's just mind over matter but it was a beaaaaautiful day!! The weather was not too cold but it was not too hot either, just nice. The sky was blue. Birds were chirping. Ducks were quacking. I felt a sudden upsurge of motivation. I boarded the train to London, and 1 hour+ later I found myself pushing the key in the lock of my flat door in London.

If I could just kiss the carpeted floor!!! 

And hug my bed!!! 

And profess my affection for the kitchen!!! 

And tell Ulfah that life just isn't the same without her!!!

How was your week?



5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aww what happened? Do you want to talk about it? Hope this week gets 10000 times better!

      Delete
  2. Week was ok. Weekend was packed. But life is good so i tried answering your question again, this time without having to listen to a lecture. It has lesser details so i hope it's easier to understand. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh did you do anything interesting over the weekend?

      Aw Nani i didn't think you'd go to that length to answer my question!! I'll be sure to read it asap ok, thank you for making the effort Nani. I really, truly appreciate it!

      Delete
    2. i went for a kursus penandaan SPM 1119 over the weekend. really packed. was very tired. but was so informed, too. =) haha.

      Dokkaebi is very important to me. the writing, is very important to me. that's why. i don't know if i made any sense, but i tried. i'm actually really good at explaining things, i teach - it's just that sometimes..on really rare occasions, my vocab fail me. but i really hope i helped. a bit. =)

      Delete