- Why is Malaysia so hot?
- The thing about coming home for a short break is that I have to max out a year's worth of socialising quota in that very short period of time. For an introvert whose energy drains faster than an iPhone's battery, I consider this far from ideal. For the past 2 weeks I've had to turn a deaf ear to my body's desperate cries for downtimes because I simply can't afford to allocate the time to recharge my social battery, not when I have a limited time in Malaysia and every second has to be utilised to see this person and that person.
- Some days I woke up groaning about having to get ready and look presentable to meet with the people I've promised to meet because the excitement at the time of promise making had long gone lol. That, my friend, is commitment ok.
- Why unpack when I can just live off of my luggage, right??
- No seriously why is Malaysia so hot?! I still haven't fully adjusted to Malaysia's heat. My armpits still go full on Niagara Falls every time I step outdoor haha. Oh well, I know for a fact that I will confirm.com.my miss the heat once I'm back in the cold and harsh shackles of winter in London so, ketiak basah pun basah lah.
- In a way I feel like I've lost my independence every time I go back to Malaysia, in the sense that I can't go anywhere or do anything alone. I either need someone to drive me around, or ask for permission to use the car every single time. And I can't do anything before I obtain the parental all clear, and I'm required to always report my whereabouts. It's good practice, don't get me wrong, I'd do the same if I were a parent myself. It's just that... It's a bit mafan sometimes. I never have to report anything to anyone in London, I can decide to go somewhere/do something like 5 mins before execution if I want to.
- When will Malaysia step up its public transport game?! Ironic that I need a mode of transport to get to the nearest public transport..... Sigh.
- My acne is happily burgeoning from all the unhealthy food indulgence. Add my hormonal acne on top of that, and voila, a supreme premium special edition breakout coming through! Thank God for BB cream and concealer!
- Don't even get me started on my weight... Ugh. But whatever, diet starts when I'm back in London! Pomish. Hahha for now, let the good times (and belly flab) roll.
|Took the little sister + little cousins out for late lunch|
|Felt weird that I was in the backseat of the car instead of the driver's seat... Sigh my little cousins grow up so fast it's ridiculous! Weren't they 11 like yesterday???|
|Ok this is an unacceptable angle of me...|
|Later in the same day we went for an al fresco shellout-ish dinner, Mama & lil brother joined too|
|Looks gory and gruesome but trust me it was SCRUMPTIOUS! Yummy in my tummy|
|Lil sister wanted to watch Star Wars|
|Didn't think I'd enjoy Star Wars but I surprisingly did, despite having to ask my lil sister "Kylo Ren ni siapa?!" at least 6 times hahah|
|Remember my best friend Fat?? She happened to have some free time on her hands so I asked her to join us for the movie!|
|Me & Fat & our adik-adik|
|Took the little sister for a movie + met up with Fat at the same time. Efficiency.|
|My first ever best friend in life. She's probably reading this post right now. Hi Fat! Hehe|
|Matchy matchy! Coincidence? I think not!|
|MY BEAUTIFUL BEST FRIEND ATIKA|
|It's a Atika-Sheera thing to caption our photos "GGMU" whenever we reunite even though we're no MU fans haha|
|And uhhh... Emil decided to thirdwheel. Ok fine, I was the thirdwheeler|
|She looks she's holding up the moon|
|Carrying out my thirdwheeling duties with one of my favourite couples|
|We went to this Arts and Lights thingy at Icon City, PJ. To be honest I think the name 'Arts and Lights' is a misnomer because what we saw weren't exactly what I'd call arts, they're more like Instagrammable installations/set ups?? Massive crowd, long queues, cramped space, but I didn't have to pay a penny for it so all is fine|
|Mama made paru goreng berlada for me!!!!! *tears of joy*|
|SAPPY!!! IN AN OFFICE GET-UP!!! I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EYES!!!|
|We had lunch at this place next to Sappy's office building|
|Sent her off to work after lunch. Sigh my baby girl all grown up :')|
|Coerced the little sister to lend her face as my canvas hahah. ALSO HOW COME HER LASHES ARE SO GENEROUSLY VOLUMINOUS AND LONG?! Confirm.com.my anak angkat ni|
|THESE TWO!!!!! *heart eyes emoji*|
|Bought lotssssa hair pins and hair bands for Tia & Faiqah|
|I think they like em|
|No wait I think they love em hehe|
|Late night ice cream run with the lil sister|
|Lunch with my soulmate Chaza!!|
|Ate a lot, laughed even more. Sigh I forgot how much I love Shaza's company!!|
|We went to Paris for Winter 2015. This year we went to One Utama hahaha|
|With the ever lovely, ever bubbly Zira|
|Syikin even brought out her laptop while waiting for our order to come.... Workaholic nyewww|
|Not sure if my kampung is actually in Pontian, or JPO. Haha|
|Made a furry friend at a random restaurant hehe so manja!|
|My family wanted to eat durian so we drove up the winding road to this durian place|
|Went to Mina's sister's reception.... but got confused if Mina was the bride instead|
|Because my girl looked OUT OF THIS WORLD.|
|Isn't she gorgeous?!?!|
|Spent hoursssssss at KLIA waiting for my relatives to return from umrah. At the other side of the camera were screaming kids, crying babies, and exasperated adults trying so hard to keep sane haha|
|The waiting game was pure torture but yayyyy Nenek is back back back! Check out that green hijab, green dress, and green shoes coordination!!! Gone are the days of her Wardrobe Mismatch Syndrome haha|
|Baru sampai and Atuk was already asking me to take him out for ngeteh! Hahaha|
|Love this photo!!|
|You probably can't see it but Almira wore a dark blue blouse so basically we were all in bluesssss!|
|Almira isn't the kind of person who displays her affection for me verbally, this is her kopek-ing the chicken wings for me into smaller chunks so I can eat them with a fork, because I was too lazy to get my hands dirty hehehe I felt lovedddd|
Oooh before I forget, a belated Merry Christmas to those celebrating!!! :) Hope you had tonnes of fun with your loved ones.