Saturday, 8 October 2016

17. Early Morning




Yesterday morning, I was in a bit of a rush because I had to be at the hospital by 8am, which meant I had to leave the house by 7am. I was frantically trying to find a pin to secure one end of my hijab, while mentally crossing things off of my checklist lest I forget anything. Packed my food for lunch. Put enough black pens for the day in my bag. Also my stethoscope and notebook. Ah yes, I forgot to moisturise my hands! Dry skin can get very itchy & painful for me, especially in the hospital because every patient contact must be preceded and followed by alcohol sanitiser (which strips my hands off of everything, really - dirt, sebum, moisture, evil deeds. I have a high suspicion index that this is what Mulan used as her make up remover) so unless I want my skin to be as dry as the Sahara, I'd better moisturise my hands like crazy. What else? Earphones, my earphones! I'd lost my earphones for 2 days already, but I suspected Ulfah was hiding it to teach me a lesson about safekeeping or whatever.

Ah yes, Ulfah, she's also on my checklist. I needed to wake that girl up for Subuh prayer.

I was startled when I saw some movements of her duvet. She's awake, already?? But her alarm hadn't gone off yet?? Her head popped out of the duvet, lit by her phone screen.

"Tengok ni dUck dah release tudung baru! Their Alphabet collection! It has all the alphabets!!" she said. Ahh, so that's why she beat her alarm to it that morning.

"All alphabets? Serious lah? So ada like, what, 23 versions of the tudung??"

"26 lah. Kita ada 26 alphabets,"

"아니거든요! 23!"

"26," even in her semi-conscious state, Ulfah was adamant. Here's the thing, when it comes to arguing with Ulfah, she's always always ALWAYS right, and she takes pride in it haha (-_-), but no, not this time. This time I was 100% positive, confirm.com.my that there are 23 letters. I've walked the Earth for 22 years, I can't possibly be wrong about this one thing. Could this be the moment that the tables turn, the dawn of a new era where I'm the one who's always right and Ulfah's always wrong?

COULD THIS BE IT?

There was only one way to find out.

I proceeded to sing the ABC song with my fingers splayed out to count.

Ulfah groaned, exasperated. "Pepagi lagi aku dah kena dgr lagu ABC,". But her groaning didn't deter me one bit. She thought I was merely counting the letters, but I actually was also counting down to the moment I could rise in victory over her, for the first time ever!!! And I could finally be able to pull a Sehun :






"Weh I kira dapat 27 letters doh," I finally said.





Still pulled a Sehun though.

In my defence, it was early morning ok? Belum masuk waktu for my brain to properly compute information and numbers and letters and all that jazz. 


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hehe hi Alissa! :) How are you? How'd your trials gooo!

      Delete
  2. Hahahahahahahahahaa Sheerot!!!!! If it makes you feel any better, I need to sing the alphabet song to find out the alphabetical order

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg Amal hahaha. You know what, I think I messed up my counting during the elemenopi part of the song, that's why I got 27 letters lol. Either the elemenopi part, or the W part. I mean why is W called double u? Why doesn't W have its own unique name?! #JusticeForW

      Delete
  3. hahahah i got a good chuckle out of this lmao

    ReplyDelete