Saturday, 24 September 2016

Not Enough Storage




I think I echo the entire human race (who own iPhones, anyway) that the biggest every-day ordeal that I have to put up with is the Storage Almost Full warning that keeps popping up & not letting me get some peace of mind. It's especially annoying when I'm with my good friends having a jolly time and we want to immortalise the moment and as an iPhone user I automatically assume the responsibility to execute the task and then this thing happens :




and then I lower my hand in shame and hang on to dear life as my friends tease me with a truckload of taunts. As if it's not enough that they mock the short battery life already! -_- 

But if they're not constantly poking fun at me then are they really my friends???

I was doing my routine photo deletion when I realised I haven't blogged about any of the recent happenings in my life ever since I started my third year of uni. So here we go, danger, I'll blog based on the photos I was about to delete :

My primary schoolmate came to London for a holiday with her family. I make it a point to meet up with anyone I know who's coming to London, even if their primary intention is not to visit me, but a piece of Malaysia is a piece, still, thus has to be celebrated! Dinner at Tinseltown, and then we took it to Oxford Street for an obligatory selfie with the red buses!


"Bus, smile!!"












The first two weeks of uni were dedicated to prepare us for the forthcoming clinical life by honing our clinical skills - history taking, history presenting, physical examination, and my favourite of them all, practical. I learnt how to draw blood (from a dummy je hehe), insert a cannula, flush a cannula, look into someone's ear & eye using appropriate instruments, properly wash my hands to meet the standard of hygiene practised in healthcare settings. In the midst of it all, I somehow got myself injured....





Domestic life has been a little turbulent because my housemates have only arrived in London yesterday. For the past several weeks prior to their arrival, I've been cooking quite a lot since we haven't laid down the cooking schedule, or any house schedule for that matter. But I thought I'd need to at least warm up my cooking engine before I rev it up properly once we establish our housemateship. Some days are easy - I get my work done in time and have enough time to actually cook proper food. Some other days, though, uni life gets too demanding of my time & energy, so I'll have to make do with plain rice and serunding. Thank God for serunding!! But here are some proper ones I managed to cook & take photos of (I have to admit, they don't look good, but what's important is they're edible and I didn't die ok) :

Ayam masak bali

Nasi lemak aka THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!

Nasi ayam. Yes I got it right this time around; salad, not cabbage haha



I went out with Umi, Tipah, and Farzana one night. I was so full from our marvellous dinner at Melur (you have to try the sambal kambing goreng!! Sedap. Gila.), so I thought of going back straight away and slipping into something comfortable, like idk a (food) coma? Anything but my jeans!! But the girls dragged me along to Tower Bridge. It was loads of fun but it was way past my bedtime, so I was yawning half of the time and ended up looking like a zombie in our photos. The girls kept calling me a baby because I sleep early (9pm usually. 10pm for me is subhanallah liarnya already)

Tipah, Umi, Farzana, and a zombie.



Speaking of zombies, have you watched Train To Busan???? I just watched it the other day! And I loved it!!! Brilliant movie, well paced, the scare points were placed at appropriate intervals, and you know what, it honestly goes beyond a horror zombie movie. Love how they portrayed the ethos of raw, naked human nature in the times when tension runs high. And how can I not mention the stunning performance of all of the actors?! Damn you Koreans stop blowing my mind.

I had a 1-hour phone conversation with Ulfah the day before she flew here (mengada tak? Padahal boleh je borak gossip once she dah sampai here but wtv), and I somehow pulled her into a dissection of Train To Busan with me. I asked her if she were to be in a similar situation as the movie, would she fight for survival till the very end? I told her I probably wouldn't, and my sentiments were crystallised when the husband of that pregnant lady got infected by the zombies. I wondered what was left for her to fight for - a foetus who will be born to no father figure, who she'll have to raise on her own, and for what? For the child to be victimised with the painful yearning for a paternal presence and blame the mother squarely for bringing him/her to life?? If I were the pregnant lady I probably would have just voluntarily thrown myself to the raging zombies and turned into one of them, wouldn't that be the easier thing to do? To follow the crowd?? But just because it's the easier alternative doesn't mean it's the right one. And the pregnant lady probably knew that she had a duty not just to the unborn child, but to ensure the continuity of human species. 1% of survival chance is still a chance, no matter how you slice it. She had to fight for that 1% chance. If a single bacterion with resistant strain can fight to survive & spread its resistance then what excuse do we humans have?!

"You fikir jauh sangat doh," was Ulfah's simple response, before she jumped to a different topic afterwards -_-

Less than 24 hours after our phone call we reunited in real life!!! We went to Stratford because Ulfah had some stuff she needed to settle. After the boring adult stuff were done & over with, we randomly walked into shops, navigated by Iqin who was shopping for jumpers (Iqin can never have enough jumpers... haha). While Iqin was preoccupied with choices of clothes, Ulfah & I roamed the shops and made ridiculous remarks on clothes that caught our eyes, like this one :

"Weh jom gi swimming"



Ulfah and I also Facetimed Emma because we missed her & we missed KHouse!!! T_T





And oh my God, guys, Ji Chang Wook's new drama is out!!!!! He'll always be Healer/Park Bong Soo/Seo Jeong Hoo in my heart, but yayyy so happy that I get to see him in a Korean drama again!! :) Amie tweeted me this photo from his recent photoshoot with Yoona - his costar in the new drama - warning me to be strong upon seeing him with another woman.

Hold up, something's not quite right.....


There, fixed it






Another photo that I came across while on my phone cleaning spree was this hilarious meme for the drama that I'm currently watching, Moon Lovers : Scarlet Heart : Ryeo : why is the name so long.





You know I don't do ongoing dramas, right? You know I'm a 10-episodes-per-day kind of girl, right? Man, following a drama week after week is an absolute torment! How do you people do it?? But the torment comes with the joy of being in a very engaging community of people who share my love for deconstructing KDramas. The comment section for this drama on Dramabeans is explosive with analysis on various things - from technical issues to historical discussion. So fun!!! 

There are more photos that I want to write about but this post is monstrous already. Anyone still reading until this point?? Congratulations, well done, medium rare! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment