Friday, 19 August 2016

Writing Challenge





So I found this Writing Challenge while lurking on the internet, and I thought, should I do this? Can I do this?

I have this perennial problem about talking (and writing, even) aloud, especially where my hopes & dreams & aspirations & plans & future are concerned. Because talking aloud means people could hear me, and of all the people who hear, someone could listen. Someone could remember this. Someone would know that I have commitment issues and hold me accountable, and that, my friend, is

Bapak scary.

That's the scale of my fear of public exposure & scrutiny.

Which is why I very much prefer writing about things in retrospect.

I'm scared that halfway through this challenge I'll lose the vigour I'm feeling right now, and that I won't be able to finish what I start. I'm scared of reneging on my own words, so what I'm saying is that this is not me promising I'll do it until the end. Ahem. Allow me to magically fish out the Muslim card from underneath my hijab now : insyaAllah I'll finish this. Hahaha.

I probably won't do it every day. And maybe not even in that order. But I'll try, let's do this. Come lah everyone let's do this together!! :D


1 comment: