Monday, 28 March 2016

Lembaga Putih



Have you guys experienced anything mystical, anything superstitiously ominous? Anything that sends chills down your spine and raises the hair on your arm? I have.

It was the 2nd day of Raya in 2014. In the car, on the highway, no idea where, kiri kanan depan belakang semua kereta, a traffic nightmare.

The traffic was almost a standstill! The fact that my stomach was having a mind of its own was not helpful at all. So I decided to sleep the discomfort off. And then I woke up, mamai as ever, I looked to my left, squinted my eyes and there. Lo and behold, an immaculate white figure was before my very eyes.

I couldn't breathe.

Putih bersih. Could it be...? Adakah itu...? Pocong..?!!





I turned my head back to the right and shut my eyes in my vain attempt to erase the image of what I just saw, but it felt as though it was permanently imprinted on my retina. Indelible. A white figure. I reminded myself that it's Syawal already, all those creatures that were chained during Ramadan are now freely roaming in between us humans. And at that moment, I swear, that thing was there in the same car as us. I tried reciting some verses from the Quran. Kalau hafal Yasin, Yasin jugak baca time tu. Still scared, but I stole another glance to my left just to see if the holy verses shooed that thing away. Shit that lembaga putih was still there!!! Would a nasyid song be more powerful?? I looked again. STILL THERE.

But this time I saw more details, it was white. It was moving albeit very slightly, bordering unnoticeable. And there were small pink dots and flowery patterns on it











Pocong ada bunga-bunga pink?



It transpired to be my little sister, sleeping underneath her telekung. Sebab sejuk sangat dia kata -.- Haih. The whole point of this post is to say that I miss my little sister and her funny ways of testing my patience.






And to say that YEOREOBUN, UNLESS IT'S IN RAMADAN, NEVER EVER SLEEP IN YOUR TELEKUNG IN THE CAR, OKAY?

No comments:

Post a Comment