Thursday, 31 December 2015

Paris

Question :

Dalam banyak-banyak ikan, ikan apa yg asal dari Perancis?

Ikan paghiiiii.

You laughed, right? Right?


So anyway, yours faithfully went for a short trip to Paris with some friends. It was short but I had soooo much fun! Alhamdulillah for the lush weather, for the opportunity to set foot in the city of woooveee, and most of all, I don't think I say this enough but, alhamdulillah for friends who tune on the same frequency & wavelength as I do! Good company beats everything. Really. You know, I'm actually a really bubbly, talkative person but this persona is hidden under my 7 layers of shyness, inferiority complex and social awkwardness.

Tu belum campur my clothing layers lagi (coat, jumper, thermal wear).

It takes quite awhile for some people to get past these layers, but for some others, it's almost as though they can effortlessly crack open my cold, unfriendly exterior & penetrate right into my actual self. These people are the chosen ones, ones whom I put my trust in not to tell the whole world how annoying my jokes & non-stop singing can be hehe. It was the good company that made this trip memorable! I mean, Paris is a lovely city, but I'm not quite the city girl so for me to say that the trip was fun says a lot about the lovely souls who kept me company for the two days there :)

Since Zorro is comatose still (I refuse to call him dead), I'm left with only my phone camera to immortalise my moments. Which sucks, because I've never been one who is good at taking photos using a phone camera. When my friends saw me taking out my phone to snap a photo of Eiffel Tower, they wore this bemused expression on their faces. "Sheera, peliknya tengok you ambik gambar guna phone.".

I myself also pelik at myself. Nonetheless, we arrived to a very handsome Paris on a very beautiful day!

The sky was blue - the vibrant kind of blue, almost like background gambar passport. We went to see Eiffel Tower first, only 20 minutes by foot from our hostel. I expected it to be a lot taller to be honest, but still, I was mesmerised when I first saw it. Having seen it at least hundreds of times on social media, I thought Eiffel Tower would be yet just another building to me but it really does have its own charm, this one. There was what seemed like an immeasurably long queue of homo sapiens waiting for their turn to go up the tower. Eiffel Tower was built in celebration of 100 years of French Revolution, and it uses iron, in lieu of steel like most buildings today.

Afterwards we visited Arc De Triomphe, and then Musée du Louvre. As the day drew its curtains and nighttime came, we went back to see Eiffel Tower and lo & behold, the Eiffel Tower stood there in all its golden glory and sparkly lights against the pitch black sky!

Just... Magical!!

The next day we visited Notre Dame de Paris, and then Champs-Élysées (where I kept reminding myself to stop gawking at the price tags there because man, I can never afford any of the stuff there hahaha). We bought Laduree macarons because of all the rave & hype about them, but after tasting the macarons, I really want to say I nodded in great admiration & acknowledgement of the fancy flavours & ingredients in each bite I savoured, but nope.... I felt rather indifferent. Nothing extravagant for me to be honest. But that's most likely because I'm not a fan of macarons anyway, so I can't really tell apart a good macaron from a mediocre one??

Bought souvenirs for our loved ones back home, and then went to perform our prayers at the Grande Mosquée de Paris. Transportation was super easy in Paris because they have the metro, much the same as London's tube, and we could even use CityMapper app in Paris so it wasn't difficult to find our ways and navigate ourselves.

All in all, I enjoyed the touristy frolics with the girls(!!) - basically just trying to pronounce the French words of the metro stations (but failed at that obviously, as indicated by the faint disapproving laughter of other Parisians within our earshot), seizing every chance that came by to say "merci beaucoup" because that's the only accurate French phrase we could pull off, escaping potential scammers, striking various poses for the camera - but Paris itself was alright methinks. I probably wouldn't want to go back but if you're capable of scrutinising architectural details and its aesthetic values and historical significance and whatnot, Paris has loads to offer in those aspects! :) Now, enjoy my low quality photos hahah!




















Sortie means Exit, but the only thing that popped in my head every time I saw this sign was "sortie imma party till the sun down" hehe (skip to 1.44)


No comments:

Post a Comment