Wednesday, 11 November 2015

Trouble Magnet


You know people always go on about 'you never know how much something means to you until you lose it', or something along that line.

I was on a bus on my way back from my clinical skills class in Barbican. It was Friday evening, the bus was crawling in the London traffic, I was done for the week, my mind was busy planning my Friday night activities - watch the latest She Was Pretty episode, the latest Running Man episode, facetime Keyla if she's not busy, cook mi bandung. So exciting!!

But I got engrossed in my whatsapp conversation with my best friends, when I lifted my head I realised the bus was merely few seconds away from my stop. I panicked, and being the klutz that I am, I fumbled with my stuff before standing up & hurrying down to the lower deck so that I could get off..., leaving behind my oyster card which was just there, on my lap. On. My. Lap. It must have fallen when I got up but I was too busy clumsy to even hear the faint thud as it met the floor tsk tsk. Since then I never saw my oyster card anymore.

So that, kids, was how my oyster card and I parted ways. Sad, right? Losing my Student oyster photocard is just another addition to the events of misfortune that befall me. Such is life for a trouble magnet like me -_- If you're not a student in London then you probably have no idea how significant the oyster card is. My life in London basically depends on it.

I checked the journey history of my oyster card online and apparently someone took it and used it. Ugh >:( To the person who took my oyster card, if you have no intentions of returning it to me, I hope you're wearing something white, because I wish for your coffee to spill on you and leave a permanent stain #bitter

No comments:

Post a Comment